Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

words of life: God's divine power

"His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness." 2 Peter 1:3

Called by His own glory & goodness, given everything I need for a godly life through my knowledge of Him--all made possible by His divine power.

Where am I in all this?  Provided by God with all I need through His word to know, follow, and live in the goodness of Christ and for His glory.  

Where am I in my knowledge of Him?  In my knowledge of His word?  I have all access and my knowledge, desire, and discipline for His word is low compared to  the goodness and abundance that is found within it.  My prayer is for increased discipline to turn to, memorize, and love the words of God, that give me life.

No comments: