Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

things I just may not handle very well

If this is hard now, I can't fathom how much harder I know it will get.

We went to the park this morning and the kiddos began running around, doing their thing.  There was a group of little kids playing and I watched as Madeline ran over to introduce herself.  In my unbiased opinion, she is unbelievably precious and sweet.  My mama radar heightens as I watch and worry (so hard not to do) and see what will happen.  Most of the time all goes well.  Sadly, today was not that day.  She came walking toward me with her head down and tears in her eyes and I knew what had happened.  The kids told her she couldn't play with them and called her an ugly name.  I hold her and hug her and tell her she is special and wonderful and made by God and He loves her more than anything.  I tell her she is sweet, kind, and fun.  We talk about being a good friend and loving others well.  We pray and forgive and start our own game of hide & seek.  Meanwhile, I am holding back my mama tears and thinking many many wrong thoughts towards these children who dared to be mean to my baby and doing my own forgiveness work.

Please, somebody tell me how in the world I will make it through the harder things to come!

On a sweet high note, Madeline was having some rest time in her room and asked me to bring her some crayons.  When I did she said this (seriously, no prompting!):

Thanks, Mom!  You're the best!

Love that girl!  She is currently in her room making cards for all her friends and family.

No comments: