Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

words of life: chosen

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession,that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy." 1 Peter 2:9-10

Which of these is most difficult to believe about yourself?  
I am chosen.  
I am a member of the royal kingdom and family of God.  
I am clothed in the righteousness of Christ and made holy.  
I am special.  
I am God's special possession.  
I am made to and able to declare the praises of God.
I am called from darkness to light.  
I belong to Him.  
I have been given mercy.


Hands down for me is that I am God's special possession.  Often in my walk and relationship with the Lord I feel like a constant failure.  But the beauty is that I am but that is beyond mattering to God because He has redeemed me through Christ and calls me His. Special. Possession.  I can't express the beauty of that to me.  


I was talking with a friend a few nights ago and we were saying how we struggle with frustration over sins and really frustration over the fact that we can't make them go away.  I do think it is good and necessary to see our sins and desire them to go away of course but I also think that the means by which we overcome them may not look like great victories that we achieve to put to bed our sin and frustration.  


Instead, the means may look more like quick and quiet awareness of my sin, my need, and walking in humility and dependence on my Savior and realizing that, in itself, is victory.  Seeing it, pointing it out, and submitting it to the Lord each and every time.  


And when I believe more and more that I am His chosen, special possession I find so much freedom and joy in humility and weakness because where else would I rather be?  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just blogged on a very similar topic earlier this week. Glad we are both learning this lesson! ECB