Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

sore throat side effects


Andrew took his Potter's House boys on a senior trip this past week for about 5 days. So it was me and kiddos holding down the fort. And sadly, all the girls weren't feeling 100%. Anna is cutting teeth and super snotty, I have a general head cold, and Madeline has a decently bad sore throat, cough, and runny nose. So there has been a lot of orange juice drinking going on around here.

Day 5 of Andrew being gone and my mama brain is a bit mushy and slow. Standing in the kitchen, all my sweet kiddos waiting ever so patiently at the table for their juice and breakfast, I grab the full 1 gallon jug of oj and give it a little shake. After I had taken the lid off. Big fat oops. I soaked myself in oj-clothes, socks, and half my hair. Which I might add I had gotten up early to wash. My floor became (and still is) a sticky citrus-y mess and my kids just stared at me asking questions like, Mama, why did you do that? Thankfully, it made me laugh not cry. And it could have easily gone either way.

Needless to say we got it all decently cleaned up, I re-washed the tips of my hair, and have given multiple people a good laugh at my expense a couple of times.

And my hubby still loves me when he returns, even if I smell like an orange!

No comments: