Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

happies

While Andrew is away things can sometimes (i.e. often) get a little rut-ish. I am trying hard to stay afloat and get us all from one thing to the next. Unfortunately that can mean I forget to enjoy my moments. And I really do want to enjoy them. I love my kiddos like crazy and pray for forgiveness when I forget what treasures they are and treat them like my to-do list. I am trying (hold me accountable if you can) to cherish our happies and create as many as I can each day. Day 8 of Andrew away and here is what we have thus far:

1. Swinging all three kids on the swing set during 60 degree January weather! And following that with a game of basketball in which Simeon dribbles around like a champ, Anna chases balls, and Madeline sings & cheers.

2. Locking us all in the kids bedroom and playing zoo-every animal had a home, needed to be fed, we got to hold them all. Even Anna enjoyed it!

3. Watching Mr. Popper's Penguin's while eating homemade pizzas.

4. Tossing all three in the tub and watching them play so cheerily. Anna l.o.v.e.s to play with Simeon's hair and he loves letting her!

5. Taking a road trip to see my sister and her family for 3 days. The kids were great travelers, sang Joy to the World with their aunt & uncle, and played well.

6. Saying our "thankfuls" each night. We started this a few months back & it has been great for us all. We sit down before bedtime and each say 3 things we are thankful for from our day. We love seeing what they are thankful for and it is super encouraging.

7. Praying for Daddy...they love him so much!

8. Having dance parties in the living room to Ethiopian music and taking all the cushions off the couch so we can jump on the couches.

Love my happies with my sweeties.

No comments: