Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Baby Hands

"The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing."
Zephaniah 3:17

"In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8

Last night I woke to the cries of my baby. Soft, sad, cries. We've been trying out new foods lately and several have not agreed with her little body. Needless to say, I have mama worry over every cry she makes, not wanting it to mean she's aching. I went to get her and she grabbed tightly to me. With a diaper check and a quick re-swaddling I scooped her up and went to rock. I was willing to nurse her but she just wanted to be close. Her head was on my shoulder, my arms held her tightly. She rested her inner hand flat on my check, sucked her other thumb, and placed those fingers on my chin. My kiss was constantly on her forehead. I held her tightly. I gently rocked her and couldn't keep from crying. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, like the emotion of being a mama. Her sweet baby hands stayed on my face and I prayed and sang softly over her. I knew I loved her. And I knew she loved me. I would do anything for her. And she would let me. I would hold her like that for hours. And that is exactly where she wanted to be. I was overwhelmed with being a mama. In the best, most intimate, deepest way I can imagine.

Andrew & I were talking with his parents on Sunday and were talking about underground seminaries. Andrew mentioned a pastor who went to teach at one of these and how the people there were so hungry for the Word. They couldn't understand why anyone would teach for just an hour or so. They longed for me. So he taught them for five straight days, 8 hours a day. He finished the Old Testament and they asked, what about the New Testament? As we were talking I wondered out loud, what would it be like to long for Jesus and His Words like that?

As I rocked, cherished, held, and tried to memorize my moment last night with Anna I could hear Jesus speaking to me. Come sit with me. Crawl up into My lap. Place your head on My shoulder. Put your hands on My face and hold on. Close your eyes and rest. Let Me love you. Let Me sing over you. Let Me meet your every need. Let Me be all you ever want. I promise, I will. I am Faithful. I am Love. Long for Me. I will delight in you.
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise

Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.

When I am alone,
When I am alone,
When I am alone,
Give me Jesus.

Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.

When I come to die,
When I come to die,
When I come to die,
Give me Jesus.

Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.

Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
You can have all this world,
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.

No comments: