Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Satisfaction for the Soul

Sounds dreamy, huh? Sounds lovely. Sounds like everything I want. Where do I find this everything? I know where. I've met, experienced, enjoyed, and been lavished with it. Why then do I find myself wandering? Wandering in big things, little things, daily things. If only a had a little more money, time, energy, personality. If only. That is the road I hate. The one that sucks me in and leads me away from my Satisfaction, my Security, my Jesus, and toward lies, sin, my flesh, and the (in)securities of the world. And when I walk this road, I lose so much and gain so little. I sacrifice my intimacy with my God and it prevents me from receiving His abundant LOVE which He desires to lavish on me. And I complain. Complain because I am weary. Because I am longing, Because I am not finding the satisfaction for my soul. I am weary because I don't turn to my Savior.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Matthew 11:28

Been trying to wrap my heart around this great quote from my BSF teacher a few weeks ago,

"When you are looking for satisfaction outside of Christ you have nothing to look forward to except weariness, anxiety, more stress, and endless, unrewarded striving."

Endless, unrewarded striving. How undreamy. Unlovely. Unlike anything I want.

"Show me the wonders of your great love" Psalm 17:7

Where do I find my satisfaction? I find it exactly where I seek it. When I seek it from the world, I find all the world has to offer me-disappointment, failure, endless, unrewarded striving. When I seek the only true God, creator and sustainer, I find my satisfaction in the never-ending wonders of His great love. So dreamy. So lovely. So everything I want. Only in Christ. Everything in Christ.

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
look full in His wonderful face,
and the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
in the light of His glory and grace.

No comments: