Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Listening Ears

These past few weeks we've been reading Bible stories to our kids surrounding the death & resurrection of Jesus. It has had many good, many silly, and many sweet moments. Tonight we read bits from Mark 14 & John 13-14 combining Jesus washing His disciples feet, the Last Supper, and the betrayal by Judas. As always, Madeline & Simeon love asking questions. So tonight, after finishing the page about Jesus washing the disciples stinky feet, I quickly jumped in to tell Madeline I had a question. Who washed the stinky feet? She was quick to respond, Jesus. Probing a little deeper and not expecting an answer I asked, what else does Jesus wash? But I was wrong. She answered. Quickly she said, our sins. In our weeks of repeating the same five stories they have been listening. They fidget, sing, push their little fingers into my pockets, and more. But they are listening. So thankful for their sweet listening ears tonight. And so thankful that He washes the dirt that stains my soul so that my heart can be healed.

No comments: