Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Parenting out of the side of my mouth



Let me confess...and ramble a good bit....

Been doing a lot of thinking these days about parenting. This stuff is hard. Nothing major going on. Nothing too out of the ordinary. But all the dailies of life and mama-ing. I can't decide when to let things go, when to discipline. When I'm being inconsistent and when I'm showing grace. When to be stern and when to hug. When to give them space to figure things out and when to intervene to prevent meltdowns. Hmm...any answers anyone? I have several thoughts on disciplining them, praying for them, and teaching them and will continue these thoughts soon. The one thing I have noticed about myself is that sometimes when I loose my patience the quickest and when my kiddos seem to fall apart the most I can pinpoint it to what I am calling, parenting out of the side of my mouth. Half looking, half listening, half trying to focus on myself or something else. Anyway. I really want to be intentional, attentive, and genuine with them. Would love thoughts from anyone on any of this stuff. And also, aren't my kiddos so cute? Good thing. :)

No comments: