Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

words of life: on waiting...

Psalm 68:4-6
"Sing praises to God and to his name!  Sing loud praises to him who rides the clouds.  His name is the Lord--rejoice in his presence!  Father to the fatherless, defender of the widows--this is God, whose dwelling is holy.  God places the lonely in families; he sets the prisoners free and gives them joy"

We are in the midst of waiting.  Waiting for a precious little girl whom we love beyond our imaginations.  We are waiting for papers and details and people and so forth.  But our hearts are waiting with eager longing to have our lonely spot in our family filled up with her.  I read this Scripture, this beautiful promise, and know it is for each of us in this story.  She is the lonely and we are her family.  And we are also the lonely, and she is our family.  And above all, He is the Father, the Head, the Family.  The One and only who fulfills and satisfies all our loneliness.  Who draws us each into His presence and frees us to joyfully sing loud praises to Him and glorify His holy name.  

Waiting for me is not easy.  I question, I get angry, I cry, I don't understand.  We live in a fallen, sinful, ugly world where sin and flesh dictate so many lies and hurts that control and manipulate life.  It aches me to wait when I know her face, know her life, know her hope and future are filled with love and love and more love.  So we will choose to enter the suffering, the pain.  And fall before the Lord and recognize He is the Father to my sweet girl and to me.  He is the Hope and He loves beyond my imagination.  Greater is He who is in me, than he who is in the world.  I will humble and push myself to believe, depend, and trust in God who is always working, Sovereign, Good, Loving, and Faithful.  Entering into the pain hurts, stretches, weakens me.  But she is worth every ache, and He is worthy of my life.  In hardship or at ease He is worthy and I would rather spend every day seeking His all-sufficient grace than one day of worldly ease without Him.

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord

Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer

You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint You won't grow weary

You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles



Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for theLORD.
Psalm 27:14


My soul waits for the Lord.  More than the watchmen for the morning; Indeed, more than the watchmen for the morning.
Psalm 130:6


Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary. 
Isaiah 40:31



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Everlasting God song is actually one I listened to the day Anna was born...the CD was in the car and there was much driving about...so it always makes me think of her! ECB