Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

a guilty yummy pleasure

For a baby shower this past week I was in charge of sweets. Not too hard of an assignment since I heart them big time. So I decided to try a new yummy-cake balls. I had them at my sister's showers over the last years but never in Fayetteville and never thought to make them. After a quick little google search I found that they are actually fairly easy to make. Just a little process is all. So I dove right in. And for your mouth-watering eye pleasure here is the process and end result that will make you run out to get the stuff to start your own. I highly recommend!

Ingredients:

Step 1: Bake cakes as directed. While warm, crumble with a fork and mix in frosting.

Step 2: Roll into balls (it's messy and sticky) and place on wax paper. Freeze for several hours. I did this overnight.

Step 3: Melt chocolate almond bark (or vanilla) in small amounts and use a toothpick to dip cake balls into chocolate until covered. Then using a second toothpick slide the cake balls onto wax paper. This is the most difficult step and my sister helped me. If the chocolate gets to thick just melt it again. And, depending on how pretty and smooth and ball looking you want your cake balls it gets either easier or harder. I decided they looked just fine slightly bumpy and taste so good it doesn't matter. :)

Step 4: Sprinkle and refreeze or just refridgerate depending on when you are serving them. If frozen, take out and put in fridge in time for cake to thaw.

Step 5: ENJOY!





No comments: