Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

bedtime woes

This is a....I could use some encouragement/venting/prayers from the world out there....kind of post. Our sweet Madeline has had trouble with bedtime for a very.long.time. And we've tried LOTS to make things better. Some ideas have worked, others not so much. We seem to cycle and unfortunately for us, we are in the down side of the cycle. Boo. Fuss. Boo. She just can't seem to stay in bed. No matter what. Sometimes I think it's because she is such a quality time gal that she can't handle thinking we are up without her. Maybe that's just what I tell myself so I don't feel like the worst mom of the year each night as my child continually gets up and whines and cries at bedtime. :) Anyway. Any advice out there? Or plain old pat you on the back I've been there's? I'll take it.

1 comment:

kaw said...

I'm sure you've tried lots of things, but have you tried letting her listen to a cd? We have GT and the Halo Express, and Psalty cd's that our kids listen to every.single.night. It helped Thomas stay in bed. Sorry if you've already tried this! Also, does she still take a nap?