Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

hello 2014

I meant very much to get all caught up with my 2013 pictures and stories before the year ended but that didn't happen.  And I am okay with that.  The time needed to be spent on other things.  We had such a sweet and joyful advent season in our home.  We hunkered down in our house for a few weeks, played and ate and sang and laughed.  We opened gifts and rejoiced.  It was really sweet and fun and crazy and good.  

But now, to move forward.  

2014.  I am a bit overwhelmed with all this year holds for us...and already has in these 14 days.  We will be having lots of doctor appointments and surgeries for Paulina.  We will begin looking into education for her.  Andrew will be travelling overseas for the first time since bringing Paulina home...which means me and 4 littles at home for two weeks.  Madeline will finish kindergarten and then in the fall she and Simeon will start public school.  And we are planning a two week camping trip this spring.  Phew.  

As I write all that and spend half my time making phone calls and appointments and repeating Paulina's date of birth over and over and the other half crafting and playing games and reading books I am overwhelmingly thankful and humbled that God has blessed me with my life and the people in it.  I am weak most days and have no idea where exactly I fit in this world of being a Jesus follower, mama, wife, and friend.  I don't know much but I know two things for sure about myself...one, I really need Jesus; and two, He is near me and good.   I am longing this year to know Him more dearly and live more fluidly with the Holy Spirit as my guide.   

So, here we go...2014.  

No comments: