Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

on turning 30

So this past weekend I turned 30.  I didn't really reflect too much on it all until my sweet friend, Heather, commented to me about living simply and being content.  That is when I realized that over the decade of my 20's my life changed. and changed. and changed.  I got married when I was 20, graduated college, moved 7 times, worked 3 jobs, lived in Africa, bought a mini-van, bought a house, added Madeline, Simeon, Anna, Cyrenthia & her baby Elijah to our home, and am now eagerly waiting on our daughter to come home.  I know I don't know what all the Lord will have for my 30's but it at least appears to me that it will be a life of less drastic changes for the next ten years.  Outside of course of watching my children grow to be in their teenage years (yikes!)  I really loved all those changes my 20's brought but certainly am looking forward to whatever is coming next.

On a celebratory note, I really have the greatest husband, family, & friends!  For my birthday Andrew spoke right into my quality time love bank and suggested a girls trip.  After talking it through we decided on Kansas City for a 3-day weekend and I will admit, I was a bit cautious.  I get so nervous asking friends to find childcare, spend money, and mostly I am just never a big fan of lots of attention on me.  I can't even put into words how greatly God blessed me with this weekend and these friends.  They (& their husbands :) made great sacrifices to make this weekend happen and went above and beyond to shower me with love and encouragement.  Our trip was filled with great conversations, lots of laughter, yummy food, tears, shopping, and very little sleep!  My friend Ginny says there is "curtain" conversation and "non-curtain" conversation.  Meaning, we either talk about what color curtains to hang in our houses or we peel back the veneer and talk heart talk.  And that's definitely what our weekend was...lots and lots and lots of heart talk.  I certainly feel so loved, cared for, and rejuvenated!












God certainly knew what He was doing when He surrounded me with these wonderful women.  He cares for me better than I could ever imagine and I am so incredibly thankful for these ladies.  They enrich my life, my walk with the Lord, my understanding of His will for my life, my parenting, my marriage, and I know so much more.  Thank you friends for loving me so well!  For the official birthday dinner night my sweet friends spent time each sharing beautifully encouraging things to me which I will be storing up in my heart and also a tip for my 30's.  Each one was encouraging & those I will share.

1. Cease striving & know God.
2. Continue to walk in wisdom and God's Word.
3. Drink coffee!
4. Enjoy each moment.
5. Heal from past wounds, forgive, and let go of bitterness.
6. Be confident and content.

Good advice for me for sure.  Thanks, friends!

1 comment:

anita schwo said...

So very thankful to be apart of your life...and this weekend. It was truly rejuvenating!! Love you Bestie:)