Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Guatemala & the homefront

We had a big event in our home the last week-ish. I left for 8 straight days. Since returning from Ethiopia with Simeon, and having Anna the next July, I haven't been away from my kiddos for more than 2 nights! Wow. And outside of leaving Madeline to go to Ethiopia I really hadn't left her for more than maybe 3 nights. So me leaving was big-time. Mostly more for me than anyone else :)! Anyway, here's the deal...

My Potter's House gals are seniors and we packed up with about 20 people and headed to Mama Carmen's farm in Guatemala for spring break. We had two purposes: help build a concrete drying area for the coffee beans and do activities with kids after school. It was such a full full week of working hard, laughing lots, attempting my never used Spanish, hugging sweet little Guatemalan girlies, and seeing God more for who He truly is.

I am so thankful I got to go with my girls group and experience it all with them. And on the homefront, as always, Andrew was incredible. I came home to happy children, a clean van, no laundry, and lots of joy at being all together again!

More to come on my God moments in Guatemala but for now, some pics!


















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Thanks for sharing that prayers about this trip were answered! ECB