Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

my idiot driving move

I am generally a pretty good driver. Never been in a wreck or gotten a ticket. Only been pulled over once and that was in a church vehicle for expired tags. So doesn't really even count. Between Andrew & I, he is definitely more prone to pulling up to far in a parking space and hitting the parking block, rounding a corner to tight and going over a curb, missing an exit until the last second and speeding off, etc. I just don't usually make many driving booboos.

Apparently, that has ended.

My smallish booboo: A few weeks ago Andrew bought a new mower (our first ever) and put it in our very small, barely enough room for my van, one car garage. So, with kids in tow, I am trying to back out ever so carefully so I don't run over this new toy of his and instead I whack the other side of the car into the edge of the garage. Basically tore up the side view mirror and felt like a big dummy. Plus, Andrew enjoyed mocking me about it ever so (un)lovingly.

That was enough for me but no. Here is my biggish booboo that I can barely even write about but here I go: Last week I was heading to my friend's house to pick up one of her daughters to come play. She had a sick son and just came home with their second daughter from Ukraine so they were up for a little outing for their little gal. When I got to her house her driveway was full and I was trying to figure out where to park to run in and get Hazel. Looking ahead to my right I saw a flat opening opposite of their house and whipped right over. And I mean whipped. Unfortunately for me, the flat opening didn't actually begin where I thought it did. It came several feet after a giant ditch. Which yes, I whipped my van into. I get out of the van to see the back left side of my van 100% in the air. Oh my, not fun. All my kiddos are in the car, I of course have no idea what do, and sweet Ginny comes running out asking if I am okay. Thankfully, we were all fine. But instead of being a big help to her afternoon I got all my kids out, added them into her house, and proceeded to spend the next hour and a half feeling slightly numb and acting as if I've never entertained children before by zoning in and out while she graciously and amazingly put crafts together, handed out snacks, and managed to take some pics to text her husband. It was insane. Praise the Lord for my husband having a flexible job that he could come figure it all out. Which basically meant calling triple AAA and having a tow truck man come (who took pictures as well because he said he'd never seen anything like it) and pull it out.

So there you have it. Let's hope that was the end of my idiot driving moves. And no, I don't have pictures. You know I don't want that documented! And anyway I know Andrew won't let me forget it...

1 comment:

Mariah Magagnotti said...

Just found your blog! If it makes you feel better, I backed my jeep into my husband's truck. Twice. Within 5 months. Hard, too. :) Looking forward to reading more!