Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

daddy's girl




Andrew & I love getting one-on-one time with the kids. We all refer to these times as daddy/mama dates. They aren't always regular or extravagant but occasionally something will pop up that is worth a little extra. Our church has an annual Father Daughter Dance & last week Andrew took Madeline. It was so unbelievably precious & I will say I may have cried a tiny bit. The dinner and dance was held at Mermaids and Madeline was so sweetly excited to go. She got a new dress and wanted me to curl her hair. She looked so beautiful. Andrew dressed up as well and Madeline picked out his Star Wars tie. Not sure when that was last worn but whatever made her happy! She smiled so big the entire time they were getting ready to leave. I wish I could've been a fly on the wall to watch their night but at the same time I am so glad they have that memory to share just the two of them. She held his hand walking in, sat close by his side, and talked and danced to her little hearts content. Andrew is such an incredible daddy and I am so so thankful to watch him with his little girl-pray for her, teach her, cherish her, and be such an amazing example to her of love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I looked at the pictures before I read your text, and the Star Wars tie did throw me off. Now it makes sense :)

ECB