Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

boo hiss

Reebok YourFlex Runclose

Product Image


Aren't these so nice? For a long.while.now I've been need/wanting new shoes. I haven't had any new shoes in about 4 years. Which may seem short or long to you but either way it's been a while for me. So for the last several months I've thought, looked, bought & returned, done all the "normal" things I do before committing to a pair of tennis shoes. Finally, I landed. So happy for me. I kept them in the box for over a week and waited for the perfect day to bust them out in all their wonderfulness. Well folks, today was that day! Jeans, short sleeve tee, clean hair, and perfect little shoes. Day goes by just fine. Until the end. My sister-in-law & niece were over for a little dinner, the kids were playing, things were going relatively smoothly. Of course it only takes seconds to change that. And in those few seconds, standing in my kitchen, Madeline, poor girl, threw up. Yep, splashed right on my pretty clean new shoes. Boo. Hiss. I sucked it up like a good mama and tended to my sweetie but I couldn't quit staring at those spots on my shoes. Again, boo hiss. Thankfully, my shoes seem to have bounced right back & cleaned up rather well. However, in my head, I will always know. Andrew in such a sweet supportive husband way asked me what I thought I should learn from this (ha ha your sarcastic mocking comment is unwelcome) and I replied, sometimes you just need to quit and cry. So that is exactly what I did. Just kidding...didn't actually cry but probably could've if I'd let myself. I will still probably stare at those sad spots with great annoyance though for a while. And in case you are wondering, Madeline is totally fine.

No comments: