Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

happies, Barack & Abe



In May, my sweet mama-in-law & I braved a long road trip to OH to visit fam. My academically minded father-in-law gave the kiddos some educational treats for along the way. For each state we drove through he printed a state map and pictures of any presidents who came from that state. So, as I'm sure you all know, driving through IL we had pictures of 2 presidents. Abraham Lincoln and Barack Obama. Well somehow in the process Simeon got a bit confused and kept calling the picture of Barack Obama by the name Lincoln Abraham and the picture of Abraham Lincoln by the name Barack Obama. It was funny. And he was very adamant. A few days ago my academically minded husbanded was sharing world news with the family from the paper. On the cover was a picture of Barack Obama. When Simeon saw it he shouted, "Look! It's Lincoln Abraham!" We laughed and attempted to correct him. He said to me, "No mama. It's actually Lincoln Abraham not Barack Obama." I figure, who cares? He's cute and can get away with things like that. About 15 minutes later he was following me to my closet and right next to it is a trashcan with pictures of the presidents on it. And who does he immediately spot? A black and white photo of Abe Lincoln. He grabs the trash can and shouts excitedly, "HERE is Barack Obama mama!" Then he ran off with the trash can to tell Andrew. Yeah, we know...he's incredibly cute.

Also, amidst this whole conversation Andrew asked Madeline if she knew who was in the picture and she said, yes, it's Broccoli Obama. Feeling pretty good about our parenting right now.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't even know where to start about this, except that it verifies all Brill stereotypes. I like the way you worked in the presidential trash can. :)

from a fellow Brill

Matt & Amelia Baxter said...

Too cute! Love those kiddos!! :)