Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

birthdays, laughter, tears, prayer, and bravery

I sat Sunday night surrounded by so much goodness. Eight lovely ladies squished together in on cozy couches, ate yummy food, and shared life with each other. We all really needed that night. Good, Christ-focused conversations were free flowing. It always is an encouragement but I was especially blessed and in awe of God's goodness to me through this group of women I get to call my friends. We got together to celebrate birthdays but did so much more. And I cherish cherish the quality of time, the easy depth of discussion over Christ, marriage, parenting, failures, struggles, and joys. These women are brave and honest and vulnerable and willing. And that is hard. And it means so much. What a blessing to cry together over pain and hardship, to get down on our knees before our Jesus and seek His will, His grace, and His mercy, to pass babies around and laugh at their sweet faces and loud noises, to know that we know that we know that we each love each other, pray for each other, and desire to be more like Christ with and for each other. I am so very thankful for my community. Thank you Heather, Jenny Beth, Jayme, Ginny, Amelia, Sarah, Bek, Brooke, and Sarah. You are much loved and appreciated.

No comments: