Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

a post for my sweetie



Yesterday we celebrated Andrew's 29th birthday. And yes, his birthday is on St. Patrick's Day. And yes, we go a bit extreme with the green. But it's fun. And he is worth celebrating in any way we want! I am so thankful for Andrew. I thought I should do something creative to the tune of a funny Irish jig but what was I thinking? I am not that talented. Here are the top 29 reasons (I am a good organizer & list maker :) we love & are so thankful for Andrew.

1. He rubs my feet.
2. He makes up crazy songs for every activity.
3. He wrestles.
4. He patiently edits papers.
5. He walks with Jesus as his best friend.
6. He gives great belly shots.
7. He plays Madeline & Pepito.
8. He makes coffee cake every weekend.
9. He lets Simeon sit on every lawnmower at Lowes.
10. He makes Anna giggle.
11. He makes devotions a family priority.
12. He feeds Anna & doesn't make her suffer the wiping of her face.
13. He takes me on a date every week.
14. He reads Scripture outloud and prays with me.
15. He loves competition.
16. He is learning to be handy.
17. He lets me sleep in while he feeds the kids breakfast.
18. He encourages my strengths.
19. He lets the kids climb all over him.
20. He guards her heart.
21. He is well disciplined.
22. He teaches me Jesus through his example.
23. He loves his job and works well.
24. He pours into the lives of others.
25. He loves to read.
26. He loves to play games.
27. He is wise with money.
28. He washes the dishes.
29. He loves us all so well.

Sorry it's a day late but we sure do love you like crazy! Feel free to add your own reasons & I will pass them along.

3 comments:

Katie Rogers said...

I love how engaging Andrew is in conversation - he always asks great questions that lead to meaningful conversation! Tell him we said Happy Birthday.

And I love that he plays Madeline and Pepito - I love that movie!

Anonymous said...

Believe me, his mommy loves it that you all are loving HIM so well. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I love Andrew for how he loves my daughter and my grandchildren. The best legacy in my view.