Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

musings

I wish my mind would somehow record my thoughts onto paper. It would be super helpful when I forget why I walked from one room to another, forget the four items I need to add to my grocery list, and, my current frustration, forget all the mind-blowingly fabulous blogs I could be writing. So I settle for whatever flows from my end of the day fried & tired mind & have to be happy with it.

This weekend was WONDERFUL! Here a a few happies & random thoughts from our fam.

I love that Madeline & Simeon get so excited over a small black bug they find as we do yard work. Even more, I love how giggly they get when it crawls on their hands.

My hubby took me on a lovely bike ride & Panera date-it was perfect.

I love that Anna sleeps well-who wouldn't? As the sleep dr. says, a well rested baby rests well. Which usually means they wake & play well too. She is so fun.

We have some obnoxious animal(s) digging up our yard. I mean, seriously. Possibly 200-300 holes. So. Annoying. Hopefully the stinky granules we purchased and sprinkled will do their job & repel.

Simeon has this cute/annoyingish habit of refusing to quit saying whatever is on his mind until someone acknowledges him. For example, as Andrew & I are in the middle of a conversation, and from across the room, "Daddy, wanna wrestle? Daddy, wanna wrestle? Daddy, wanna wrestle?" Multiply that times 100 & all. day. long. Someone please acknowledge the boy!

Lastly, Madeline's love language is QUALITY TIME (she is so my daughter) & she also loves to sing. So today we took her to "big" church with us to sit through worship. I had Anna in my lap, Andrew was standing, & Madeline was standing in the chair next to him. She was swaying to the music & just reached over and held Andrew's hand. Melt a mama's heart! So sweet.

1 comment:

Chris, Sarah, Kate, and Benjamin said...

Kate has that same cute/annoying habit..."Momma? Dadda? Momma? Dadda?" over and over again... :)