Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2014

as the darkness settles in

As I sit, the thunder is booming and the rain is coming.  Darkness settles over us for the night and all things in our home slow to a stop.  I have spent these days of Lent in the Gospel accounts of the last week of the life of Jesus.  It is weighty and glorious wrapped together as one and, if I am honest, I don't always know what to do with it all.  Luke tells us, as Christ drew His final breath:

"darkness came over the whole land...for the sun stopped shining"

I know what comes next.  Yet I think I will sit here for a bit, with no sun, just darkness.  I will draw as near as I can to Jesus in His suffering, longing to know Him more, longing to love Him more, longing to be filled more deeply by my Savior who has mostly amazingly redeemed my soul.  

He is so, so good.

No comments: