Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

rocky start but I HEART november

I think November just may be my favorite month of the year. I love fall. I love the color of the leaves. I love the cool crispy air. It all makes me so happy. And Thanksgiving is by far my favorite holiday. I love an entire month of focusing on thankfulness. Let me just say one thing I don't love so far about this November...it started with a stomach bug. Hit me hard for 24 hours. Big yucks. But, on a thankful note, I am so incredibly thankful for my wonderful hubby, mama-in-law, and friends who came to my aid, kept my kids, prayed for me, checked on me, and so on and so on.

Anyway, here are a few things I am looking forward to this month:
1. Watching colorful leaves fly around my yard and then raking them only to jump in them with the kids.
2. Wearing jeans, boots, sweaters, and scarves.
3. Yummy yummy soups and breads.
4. Talking to my kiddos about what we have to be thankful for and Who we have to thank.
5. Eating turkey dinner leftovers over and over again.
6. Spending quality time with good friends and fam.
7. Chocolate Chip Pie. Yum.
8. Snuggling up on the couch with my hubby, me wearing his oversized sweatshirts, and enjoying evenings talking, watching movies, reading Scripture, and dreaming of what God has for our family.
9. Houseshoes.
10. Lastly, and this one is for my sis in law, I look forward to lots and lots of general merriment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fabulous (not the sickness-boo!). I am pretty sad not to be there but I hope you will save up some merriment for next month!!!

ECB