Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

a little on parenting & community


I think I've either said or heard the words, "phase of life", about 1000 times over the last few months. And generally it is in some connection with the ups & downs of parenting & the ups and downs of living life in community with others. I actually write this thinking I am thankful for that phrase, how often it is used, and what it implies. Because this is my phase of life: I'm a wife, a mama, a friend, a mentor, a teacher, a chef, a book keeper, a driver, a washer, a wanna be reader, and I love it. And I am walking through this "phase of life" with a group of folks who are walking the same way-and I don't mean that we are doing all the same things & constantly talking, sharing meals, spending time together, or anything like that. But we are walking together headed towards more of what Jesus has called us to, planned for us, and prepared in advance for us to do during this exact time in our lives. So I'm thankful. Thankful for my wonderfully chaotic life. Thankful for my community that pushes me to authenticity, vulnerability, truth, grace, love. And thankful to Jesus, my Sustainer in a sometimes confusingly beautiful "phase of life."

1 comment:

Ross and Kate said...

I couldn't have said it better myself! Kate