Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2010

good feelings

Two nights ago I felt the baby move for the first time. I had just gotten in bed and Andrew was still brushing his teeth. Quickly I called for him to come and we sat for a good while with hands on my belly waiting and smiling and willing the baby to move some more. As we were sitting there I couldn't help but get overwhelmed and giddy. To feel life within your body is an unbelievable and indescribable feeling. Several Scriptures came to mind but especially Psalm 139. Every day when I put Madeline & Simeon to bed I tell them they are fearfully and wonderfully made and now I have the blessing and privilege of being a part of another life being fearfully and wonderfully made. With Simeon home and being pregnant at the same time I find myself thinking often of his birth mother. What feelings was she having when she was 18 weeks pregnant? What emotions go through her life now as she will most likely never see her biological baby again? The baby she felt God fearfully and wonderfully make within her. These are difficult and emotional things I wrestle to understand. There are days I get tired, frustrated, overwhelmed with parenting but I rejoice in the blessing and honor it is to be a mama to all three of my kiddos.

No comments: