Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

better get your booties on 'cause it's cold out there!

Friends, forgive me for the randomness of the post that this is.  But let me paint the picture of my life right now...

First D.J.: Okay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cooooold out there today. 
Second D.J.: It's coooold out there every day. What is this, Miami Beach? 
First D.J.: Not hardly. And you know, you can expect hazardous travel later today with that, you know, that, uh, that blizzard thing. 
Second D.J.: [mockingly] That blizzard - thing. That blizzard - thing. Oh, well, here's the report! The National Weather Service is calling for a "big blizzard thing!" 
First D.J.: Yessss, they are. But you know, there's another reason why today is especially exciting. 
Second D.J.: Especially cold! 
First D.J.: Especially cold, okay, but the big question on everybody's lips... 
Second D.J.: - On their chapped lips... 
First D.J.: - On their chapped lips, right: Do ya think Phil is gonna come out and see his shadow? 
Second D.J.: Punxsutawney Phil! 
First D.J.: Thats right, woodchuck-chuckers - it's 
[in unison] 
First D.J.: GROUNDHOG DAY! 
Second D.J.: GROUNDHOG DAY!


In case you haven't seen it, this is from the movie, Groundhog Day.  It's a Brill family favorite but mostly only for this above conversation (as well as a few other quotable sections).  Poor Phil repeats the same day over and over and over and over and over again...

This is my life.  All days run together & days feel more like months & on & on & on.  My head is sometimes in la la land and goofiness is creeping in.

Andrew & I have found ourselves in the midst of several goofy and random conversations.  Such as filling in mock-conversations of those around us who are speaking in Russian (which is everyone.)  Or describing what we believe the ads on billboards are advertising.  And they are never normal according to us.  


Also, another randomness.  Andrew is quite the smart fella.  The other day I said, Andrew, you know that story about the Gentile woman?  And he thinks for a second & then says yes plus five details regarding the exact story I was mentioning.  But then we walk out of our hotel room and for the hundredth time Andrew goes to lock the door.  And it never fails...every single time....he turns the key the wrong way.  Up to today, I have said nothing.  Thinking surely he knows how to work a lock & key.  However today I could no longer hold my tongue.  So I said, Andrew, don't you realize how these things work?!?!  All locks work the same way!  Turn the bolt into the wall to lock and into the door to unlock.  It was like PURE SHOCK as understanding settled in.  He literally told me thank you as if I explained rocket science.  

I love my husband.  

End randomness for now.  Enjoy your day friends.  Mine will be the same as yesterday.  And I mean that in no bad way at all because it includes seeing Paulina and I will take it!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laughing!! I told you about my friends who started retelling movies that the other spouse hadn't seen during their weeks-long adoption stay in Kazakhstan. Glad you are having fun together. :)