Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

my growing up baby

Today was a big day for me.  My sweet 4 year old baby girl skipped through the doors of her new pre-school classroom and I walked away.  Madeline couldn't have been more excited.  She loves structure, teachers, learning, and playing.  She was all smiles and cheerfulness.  I was all smiles as well...at least until I shut myself back up in the safe confines of my car.  And then I cried.  And I may be crying some now.  Maybe.  Like I said, it is a big day for me.  Up to now Madeline & I have basically spent every day of her life together.  It is weird and hard and sad and exciting to watch your babies grow.  I keep thinking that this is the beginning of her being gone from me more and more and more.  Today I was praying for her (& me) and was reminded by Jesus that who she is and what she does and where she is belongs to Him.  I so greatly long for her life to always be centered on Jesus as her Lord and I know I need to trust Him with her life every step of the way.  Not just the steps that are taken away from me.  So proud of my little girl, her sweet character, her compassion and love for others, and her tender spirit.  I joyfully and eagerly look forward to watching her life unfold and Christ be made known to her and through her.  What a privilege to be her mama.  
 first ever haircut in preparation for pre-school
 professionally done by her Aunt Lauren!
 all ready for orientation
 this girl loves making silly faces
 preciousness


 first day of pre-school!
 she picked her outfit, shoes, and hair-do

 more silly faces

her 4 year old class

2 comments:

kaw said...

Ok, she looks EXACTLY like Lauren in those pictures! OMG! Bittersweet.

Ashley & Andrew said...

I know! she is so so big.