Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tuesdays & Turkey Burgers

Every Tuesday my mama-in-law takes Madeline & Simeon for the day. It is perfect. She loves it. They love it. And I love it. Sometimes I run errands or visit friends but generally I just enjoy a day at home with my sweet Anna. She is so precious & our time is going SO fast. So much faster than it did with only Madeline at home. She is almost 8mo. old & is seriously the BEST baby ever. She never fusses or cries, sleeps wonderfully, handles her siblings jumping & shouting all around her, and has the most precious giggle. I love her to pieces.


And her daddy is pretty wonderful too!


On another note, I made these really yummy turkey burgers recently. I've never used ground turkey & I have to say I was impressed. Cheaper, healthier, and still yum. Give it a try.

3 lb Lean Ground Turkey
1/4 cup Bread Crumbs
1/4 cup diced onions
1 large Egg White
1/4 cup Parsley
1 tbsp Minced Garlic
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper

Mix, patty, grill, & enjoy! Mine were a little "wet" so I added more bread crumbs as needed. I served them on wheat buns with lettuce, tomato, & avocado. Very delish. To be totally honest we ate them with chips & cheese dip so it took away a little of the healthy factor but it was good!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Anna is totally precious! Thanks for the recipe too!

Sara Neufeld said...

oh yum...i'm going to have to try those burgers! :)