Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

don't forget you were carried to the table

somedays and weeks and hours you just need to remember.

this is my day, my week.  life is pressing in and i am feeling weak.  my sin and flesh are edging out victory in my heart, mind and actions.  i am losing patience, being rude and short with my children.  i am frustrated with my inability to figure things out.  i am not gracious where grace is needed.  i am relying on my own strength even when i know it's impossible and fruitless.  

remember your shattered state.  remember the feeling of lost.  remember the weakness that drew you to your knees in the first place.  

i need to remind myself all the more in these moments that i am not enough.  i am not all sufficient.  i am nothing.  but He most certainly isn't.  

remembering makes space and time to see all over again the beauty and glory of the King and His rescue of you.  

Glory.  He certainly is good.  

summoned by the King, into the Master's courts.  
carried to the table, seated where you don't belong.  
in His holy presence, i'm healed and unashamed.



Wounded and forsaken 
I was shattered by the fall 
Broken and forgotten 
Feeling lost and all alone 
Summoned by the King 
Into the Master's courts 
Lifted by the Savior 
And cradled in His arms 

I was carried to the table 
Seated where I don't belong 
Carried to the table 
Swept away by His love 
And I don't see my brokenness anymore 
When I'm seated at the table of the Lord 
I'm carried to the table 
The table of the Lord 

Fighting thoughts of fear 
And wondering why He called my name 
Am I good enough to share this cup 
This world has left me lame 
Even in my weakness 
The Savior called my name 
In His Holy presence 
I'm healed and unashamed 

You carried me, my God 
You carried me

No comments: