Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

the blahs

Why is it that when Andrew leaves the attacks start flying strong and ugly? My sweet generally well behaved babes are having some seriously terrible moments. Words are spewing from their mouths and attitudes from their hearts that make me want to quit and cry. Disobedience is seemingly the way we role around here. Except for the tiny fact that we actually don't. And it's me, too. I'm tired, feeling the strain of lots more days until he returns. I am quick to frustration with my kids and super sensitive to my own personal struggles with insecurity and anxiety.

Slowly but surely these all pile up and I am quick to just feel the weight and whine. But I am trying to see things differently and recognize truth and give the great deceiver no foothold in my heart. I think so often I don't ever acknowledge that Satan is at work against me and my family. Instead I complain, whine, get frustrated, wallow in self defeating pity, and so forth. My sweet Potter's House group of senior girls is doing a study on who we are in Christ and this past week our truth was this: I am accepted in Christ. So praise the Lord this has been running through my head and heart this week. We talked about how powerful it is to fight lies with truths. Call the lies out for what they are and where they originate. And speak truth, pray Scripture, and believe.
So I'm chugging along. Refuting what I know in my head is a lie and praying like crazy I will believe in my heart what I know is true. Seeing my kiddos struggles and praying against sin and evil that seeks to destroy. Guarding my heart against sins that tear up myself and my relationship with my kids. It's definitely a battle. But one I'd much rather fight than not.

Loving these Scripture these days,

"For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins." Colossians 1:13-14

"Greater is He who is in you that he who is in the world." 1 John 4:4

I am accepted in Christ, redeemed, forgiven, and walking in the kingdom of Light.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Thanks so much for sharing this...

http://courtney-allthingsnew.blogspot.com